Welcome to the R&I PEERS project homepage!
R&I PEERS is a Horizon 2020 project, funded by the European Commission, with the mission of providing “Pilot experiences for improving gender equality in research organisations.”
MISSION: The R&I PEERS project aims to create and validate pilot experiences that disrupt gender-biased approaches and unconscious rules which limit participation by and careers for women in Research and Innovation. The R&I PEERS project promotes a concept of gender equality that can best be expressed as “women and men enjoy the same status and have equal opportunity to realize their full human potential to contribute to political, economic, social and cultural development, and to benefit fully from the results.”
METHOD: The R&I PEERS project promotes the following vision:
- Equality – by increasing the number of women in decision-making positions in the Research and Innovation ecosystem and therefore making better use of all European talent; and
- Opportunity – by promoting Research and Innovation entrepreneurship that engages female human capital, driving competitiveness and strengthening scientific endeavor.
MILESTONES: Over the course of four years, the R&I PEERS project aims to achieve the following:
- Implement and improve seven Gender Equality Plans in Research and Innovation-focused organisations
- Smooth the gender gap in decision-making and research-performing activities
- Maximise the impact of gender content in research programmes
CONSORTIUM: The following organisations are partners to the R&I Peers project:
- UNISA – Italy (Project Coordinator)
- AISAI – Italy
- ANPR – Tunisia
- CIC nanoGune – Spain
- CNTI – Cyprus
- CNR – Italy
- DLI – Belgium
- GSGE – Greece
- MIGAL – Israel
- ZRC SAZU – Slovenia
Eager to learn more? Please contact us!